The Biblical Vision and Strategy for Students
A Biblical perspective gives clear Vision for ministry and is the basis for everything we do!
Ephesians 4:11-16 (NLT)
11 Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers. 12 Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to…build up the church, the body of Christ. 13…that we will be mature in the Lord,..14 Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching…15 Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing more like Christ 16…so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.
Our Vision: is based on (Ephesians 4:11-16). As students start in the 7th grade, ministry is in place to help them develop the following attributes (by the time they graduate) and is best understood with the O.B.E.Y. acrostic.
1. To Own Your Faith! (a genuine, active, personal relationship with Christ!)
2. To Blend Your Faith (to connect in fellowship)
3. To Expand Your Faith! (to grow in your relationship with Christ.)
4. To Yield Your Faith! (to bear fruit: the point to your life is to point to God!)
Our Strategy, to accomplish the vision is found in (Matthew 28:18-20) and is best understood with the L.I.F.E. acrostic.
Lead them to Christ (ministry that proclaims the good news of Jesus Christ)
* Wednesday Night “Encounter Life”, Youth Camp, LIFE 101 class and other evangelistic events.
Incorporate them into the Church (ministry to help students fit in as a vital part of the Family of God!)
* Sunday Morning “Table Talks“, Wednesday night “Encounter Life” and LIFE 201 class,
Feed them the Word (ministry to disciple them as fully devoted followers of Christ)
* Sunday Night Bible Study called “Encounter Groups” and Wednesday night “Encounter Life”
Equip them (to serve and to Go into the world)
* Mission Trips, Service opportunities, Super Summer, LIFE 301 class and
Camp Barnabas (a special needs camp our students help to lead).
* The “Community” (those outside our church) is reached through…
Youth Camp, “Trunk or Treat“ and Evangelistic events.
* The “Crowd” (all students, Christian & non-Christian) is reached through…
Sunday Morning “Table Talks” and Wednesday Night “Encounter Life”.
* The “Committed” (students wanting to go deeper) are reached through…
“Encounter Groups”– “Super Summer”and Life class 101, 201, 301 (See Sunday Morning for Description)
* The “Core” (ministry minded students) are trained through…
Mission Trips and Community Outreach events to serve and to Go into the world, as a Missionary, in any occupation they pursue.
NOW you can identify the Purpose of the ministry we do.