Alongside Her is a ministry to Evergreen widows that exists to support, love, and encourage widows of all ages and stages.
The care of widows is a special concern of the heart of God that is displayed throughout the Old and New Testaments. James summarizes God’s desire for His Bride to show compassion to widows in James 1:27:
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
Here at Evergreen, we warmly welcome members to join us in caring for the widows here, especially those who have no family nearby. Volunteer opportunities are available to individuals, couples of all ages, and families to care for widows in the areas of physical, spiritual, and emotional support. These include, among others:
- minor home repairs
- assigning widows to Evergreen families that live within a 5 mile radius for emergency situations
- visiting widows in their homes as well as opening up our own homes, especially during the holidays
- sending cards on special dates/anniversaries
- elder care for our older widows (transportation to dr. visits, pharmacy, groceries, etc)
- grief support/ network
- and participating in planning a semi-annual day retreat every Spring and Fall
Volulnteer and Leadership Openings:
To volunteer in one of the above areas, please contact:
Melissa Meredith, Women’s Ministries
firstname.lastname@example.org | 918-369-6400
Register as a Widow:
If you are a widow, please contact Melissa and she will be in touch to discuss how we can minister to you.